Thursday 15 March 2018

How can I change all the Windows 10 privacy settings without dozens of clicks?


Windows 10 introduced many new features which leak personal data to Microsoft, you can turn most of them off but it involves a lot of clicking and research because they are not all in one place.


A good list of these settings is at fix10.isleaked.com


I would like some sort of batch file that can change all these settings in one go.



Answer



There are some GUI tools out there that promise to change these settings. One I couldn't install because Microsoft Security Essentials claims it is containing a Trojan, the other one changes only a very limited set of settings.


So I wrote my own.


It's a single PowerShell script file that either sets one of three predefined sets of settings or allows the user to specify all the settings to be changed.


So if you are not afraid of the command line, you can try this and see exactly what is going on by looking at the script code.


Set-Privacy.ps1 on GitHub


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...