Friday 2 February 2018

windows - How do you replace the logon shell with iexplore?


This is related to my previous question. Apparently I didn't know what I thought I knew..


Like said in my last post, I am looking to make a kiosk where when it starts up, it goes straight into iexplore without loading up explorer.exe.


I set the current logon shell to iexplore, but that didn't work.


[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] Shell"="iexplore.exe"


perhaps somebody could help me back on track?



Answer



well, that can't work unless you add the path to iexplore.exe to the environment variables, or change the value of 'Shell' to:


C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

you may have to press ctrl + alt + del to logon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...