Wednesday 21 February 2018

Emulating the right Ctrl key on MacBook Pro keyboard lacking an actual right Ctrl key


I need to use the right Ctrl key in a certain application, but my keyboard doesn't have one.


The left Ctrl key has an entirely different function in this case. How can I emulate the right Ctrl key, for example by pressing the right Alt button?


I tried the “Right Option acts as Control” feature of DoubleCommand, but sadly, that causes the right Alt key to emulate the left Ctrl key instead of the right Ctrl. Aaargh!


Any ideas?



Answer



I found the solution! Karabiner has an “Option_R to Control_R” feature :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...