Tuesday 27 February 2018

Always run a given program as an administrator in Windows 8.1 without prompt


I have set up a program to always run as an administrator using the Compatability setting in Properties, which is necessary as the program always require administrator rights. Is there a way to make so that the User Account Control prompt does not always pop up and require me to confirm that I want to run this as an administrator? I am on an administrator account. I know I can simply turn off all User Account Control notifications, but I would rather not do this for security purposes; rather, I just want UAC settings to remember the choice I made regarding running the program as an administrator but not prompt me to confirm it.


This is an example of what I want, but that was made for Windows 7 and I'm not sure how well it work in 8.1.



Answer



The Task Scheduler trick you mention still works fine in Windows 8.x. I use it daily. You can use it without any issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...