Wednesday 21 February 2018

linux - TTY keeps pressing enter

I can't login to my ttys. The following happens:



  1. I open any tty using Ctrl+Alt+Number

  2. I enter my username

  3. I press "enter"

  4. The password is skipped due to another "enter"

  5. After a few seconds the login name prompt and is getting skipped as well as the password prompt again.

  6. Step 5 repeats infinitely.


=> So an "enter" is occurring again and again.


This effect appears to be only on ttys. On any other console/terminal/program whatever this does not occur at all.


Where could this problem even arise from?


EDIT: This problem appears on my PC (external keyboard) as well as on my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...