Wednesday 21 February 2018

Mouse pointer on my MacBook moves by itself


Starting today, my mouse cursor is moving by itself.


I use a MacBook Pro with an external display and a magic mouse. The laptop is closed, and even when bluetooth is deactivated, the cursor moves.



Answer



I stumbled upon a thread in Apple Snow Leopard discussion forum. a bit old thread, but the problem is same. And it seems a lot of people have been facing the same problem. more than 120+ comments and yet no one found a good solution. They have tried various solutions like replacing the mouse with wired one, updating the browser(!) and someone even related it to more than one monitor being connected. But only those who ended up replacing the trackpad, seemed to have gotten rid of it. and it also makes sense I think. If no mouse is connected, bluetooth is turned off, and yet the pointer is moving, then it has to be some problem with the trackpad. You're welcome to wait for any further solutions, replacing the trackpad can be the last resort.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...