Thursday 22 February 2018

internet - Why is my downloading speed low inspite of having 1 mbps net speed


Every-time i download something from he internet my speed is somewhat 400 kbps to 700 kbps. I have a 1mbps net connection . Why am I not able to use entire net speed. Is this problem related to any hardware issues?



Answer



Your download speed is limited by a couple of things:



  • Server speed (that you are downloading FROM)

  • Network speed

  • Disk speed (speed you can write to your drives)


You are most likely limited by the server speed. Also, depending on your connection, your 1mbps is probably "max" speed. I.e. if all conditions are favorable. Heavy traffic on your ISPs network could drop that number.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...