Monday 19 February 2018

google chrome - All requests seem to be going "through" something


Sorry for the title, its hard to put the problem into proper words.


Basically, in Firefox or Chrome, I try to navigate to stackoverflow.com.


The request fails and the URL I see in the navigation bar is:


http://d2e24t2jgcnor2.webhostoid.com/Secure/Error?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fstackoverflow.com%2F&ResponseCode=504&user_id=5b5033d3-3543-4b7c-9844-055afde93841&uc=20140915&subid=20140915&source=browsersafeguard-rockettab-spigot&version=1.0.5370.12627&implementation_id=browsersafeguard-rockettab-spigot%20&block_host=False®=False&redirectms=True

This looks shady and my internet seems slower lately. I have a few questions:



  1. Why is my request going through this strange URL?

  2. Do the query parameters reveal my identity?

  3. How can I stop this?


I use my cell phone’s 3G network and tether it to my laptop.



Answer



I had this issue as well. I struggled with it for 3 days - turns out I had ended up with something called 'Rocket Tab' which wouldn't let me open any websites at all! Looked for any new programs recently installed in my laptop and found rocket tab and deleted it. I can rest in peace now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...