Monday 12 February 2018

windows 8 - Computer dies (power off) when waking from hibernate, otherwise works fine

I have a strange problem with my Lenovo T520. Since last week, every wake from hibernate has failed right after the Windows 8 logo shows up. The computer simply dies (like I removed the battery, or as if it overheats). When I turn it on again it boots fine, with seemingly no problems or errors. During normal operation I have noticed no issues.


I have had some problems with my discrete GPU, and thought this might be an issue but I've disabled the GPU in bios and it hasn't helped.


To be honest, I don't even know where to begin in terms of troubleshooting: the Windows logs don't register anything abnormal.


Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...