Monday 12 February 2018

windows Fall creators update 1709 boot up freeze


After updating Windows 10 Fall Creators Update my system was hanging during boot with windows logo and without any progress animation or error information


I left the computer running for about 10 hours, just to make sure it is not caused by any timeout.


Then I've tried to update from CD and I realized that system froze again during boot from cd.



Answer



I found out the solution and my system is starting properly now with 1709 - Fall Creators Update installed and VT-x enabled. I post my solution, cause maybe someone else is experiencing similar problem.


System was not starting even from cd, so I started to deal with bios settings.


After turning off VT-x functions system magically booted, but without virtualization support, which I need in vagrant for example, so in the end this option was no go for me.


Finally, I went through other BIOS settings, turned VT-x functions back on and turned on HD Audio in motherboard peripherals (I had it off since I am using another audio card).


Now everything works properly. So that was the trick turning on HD Audio.


I know that this solution sounds ridiculous and makes no sense, so I double checked it and turning HD Audio off caused system to freeze at boot again.


Note.


I believe this kind of error is tightly coupled with my specific (almost vintage) system configuration. I suspect the problem might be in really old BIOS (although latest ver) in my Motherboard so I post my system configuration:



  • DFI LANparty UT X58-T3eH8

  • Intel i7 965 Extreme

  • 12 GB Ram

  • Samsung SSD 850 Pro

  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 280

  • Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...