Tuesday 9 January 2018

windows 7 - What USB 3.0 functionality does Intel's iusb3mon monitor?

Along with Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller drivers, a utility called "iusb3mon.exe" (Intel USB 3.0 Monitor) was installed at startup.


Its apparent goal is to "monitor" some USB 3.0 functions. My questions are therefore:



  • What USB 3.0 functions it monitors in particular?

  • What functionality will I lose if I elect to terminate this process?

  • Why did Intel deem it significant to run it on Startup?


To clarify the rationale for my question:


From what I can tell, all my USB devices work just fine without this process. When a kernel mode driver has an accompanying usermode process (that's a process within the session, not a service), it's usually to complement the kernel driver with some UI. Did anyone see any UI presented by iusb3mon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...