Tuesday 9 January 2018

windows 10 - PC waking from sleep for unknown reason


I recently started experiencing an issue with my PC, which runs Windows 10 Pro. It wakes from hibernation at seemingly random times. I have done the following to try and troubleshoot the issue:



  • Turn off wake timers

  • Disable all peripherals from waking the system

  • Unplug network cable (No Wi-Fi)

  • Try another power outlet


The computer still wakes at random times. When issuing the command


powercfg /lastwake

I get the following:


Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0

I absolutely need Wake on LAN to work on the system, and it always has before. This issue only started recently.



Answer



The issue was caused by TeamViewer, it creates wake timers that are somehow ran(?) even though wake timers are disabled. Even shutting down TeamViewer doesn't solve the issue for me. But uninstalling TeamViewer resolved the issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...