Monday 1 January 2018

windows 7 - USB Storage is Write-Protected




Possible Duplicate:
Remove the write protection from a USB flash disk



I have a Raidon GR3630-2S-SB2+ External RAID enclosure that I've just hooked into my system. For some reason, it's coming up as write-protected.


The issue seems to have to do with my Windows setup, because I'm able to write to the drives when I plug the enclosure into another system running the same version of Windows (Windows 7 Enterprise x64).


For both of my machines I have administrative access, and "Full Control" is granted to Administrators in the Security tab of the drive properties.


Does anyone know how to enable write access to an external drive like this? Are there any other steps I could take to troubleshoot the problem? Or is there any other info that you would need?


Thanks in advance!



Answer



Put this in a .bat file and execute it:


cd\
reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies" /t Reg_dword /v WriteProtect /f /d 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...