Thursday 11 January 2018

windows 10 - What is the CDPUserSvc service?


In my machine there's a service called CDPUserSvc_1bf5729. The description says



Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100



The path to the executable is C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup, and the startup type is Automatic. If I attempt to set the startup type to Disabled, I got an error message saying "The parameter is incorrect".


What is this service?


enter image description here



Answer



It's part of Connected Devices Platform Service.


CDP Service itself says: This service is used for Connected Devices and Universal Glass scenarios.


The files are all c:\windows\system32\cdp*.dll:


cdp.dll
cdprt.dll
cdpusersvc.dll
cdprefernce.exe

Slightly more about that here: http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/58863-connected-devices-platform-service-what-does-do.html


I recommend reading the reference to the ZDNet Article on "Project Rome" in the link above.


If you use "strings" on the cdpusersvc.dll you will find references to Universal Glass and a few other backend bits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...