Wednesday 3 January 2018

software rec - Please recommend a tool to draw structs / classes and pointers




Possible Duplicate:
Application to help build diagrams



I know the paper and a pen answer, but I truly need a PC solution.


I made the example below by Word, so please recommend others more suitable and convenient.


By suitable and convenient, I mean I can edit more easily - for example, in Word, if I add something, I have to scale and adjust the whole. In other words, I want something a little bit like SmartArt for focusing on programming illustrations.


Thanks.


enter image description here



Answer



My personal favorites:




  • Altova UModel - Can be complex, but it's not necessary to use every function. (Commercial)




  • Violet - Simple, but sufficient for most technical software diagrams using UML like elements. Can run via Java Webstart so no installation required. (Free)




(Edit: Modified Violet link to use official URL which redirects to newer site and version. Also noted Violet's support for webstart).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...