Wednesday 3 January 2018

keyboard - How do I remap a key to a key-combination in the Windows 7 registry?


I have been able to remap the CapsLock key (3A) to the Left Shift key (2A) by adding the binary value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout\Scancode Map to the registry with a value of:


00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00

02 00 00 00 2A 00 3A 00

00 00 00 00

How can I modify this value so that the key remaps to a multiple-key combination, for example Alt-Shift?



Answer



there are two options shown here at AutoHotKey: Remapping via the Registry's "Scancode Map" , might be what you are looking for...


(1) Use a program like KeyTweak (freeware) to visually remap your keys. It will change the registry for you.


(2) Remap keys manually by creating a .reg file (plain text) and loading it into the registry. This is demonstrated at www.autohotkey.com/forum/post-56216.html#56216


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...