Sunday 14 January 2018

networking - Wake on LAN on Uverse Router


I'm trying to set up Wake on LAN on my Uverse 2WIRE router, and running in to issues. I can't figure out how to set up UDP Port 9 forwarding.


I was using this tutorial, but got stuck at the UDP Port 9 forwarding bit. I've never tweaked much on my router, but this is the screen I get to:



I tried just putting 9 and 9 for Port (or Range), but that didn't work. Looks like a pretty simple question for someone with a bit of knowledge.


EDIT: I may be wrong about the plain old 9 not working, but I think that's the issue. Let me know if you guys think it could be something else.



Answer



Put 9 in the from and to boxes then submit. It should tell you "configuration successful". Then click the back button to go back to the Applications, Pinholes and DMZ page. Select your computer and find "Wake on LAN" in the application list and add it. Then click save and you're done.


1


2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...