Friday 12 January 2018

My new internal hard disk doesn't appear in Disk Management, but BIOS and Device Manager recognize it


I just connected the new disk to the motherboard and started the computer. BIOS has listed the new and old disks.


Then I went to Disk Management to format it, but it doesn't appear. But I can see it listed in Device Manager.


Moreover, the manufacturer (Seagate) has the tool Drive Detect, which detects both of them; and another tool SeaTools for Windows, which doesn't detect any (it only detects USB-1394).


Edit:


It seems EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition detects it. Should I try to format it with this program, even if WIndows doesn't recognize it?


I have tried adding partition using EaseUS, but it says "There are some error occurred while writing partition chains on disk"


Edit: I have just created a spin-off of this question: How can I make my XP recognize my new internal hard drive?



Answer



In my case, it was a driver problem, so I could solve it going to my motherboard manufacturers' site, and installing SATA drivers, contained within the chipset driver.


(see https://superuser.com/a/532611/186753)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...