Monday 1 January 2018

How to add search engine using Firefox's address bar?


If I go to a website offering dictionary features, e.g. dictionary.com, I can easily add this search engine to Firefox using the search bar.


enter image description here


Say that I'm using Firefox without the search bar. How can I add a search engine using the address bar?


There's no option in the address bar for it as far as I can see; to add this search engine I changed preferences, added the search engine, then removed the search bar again.



Answer



There is now an option on the page action menu to add a search engine. This is available from Firefox 61 onwards.


enter image description here


From the release notes of Firefox 61.0:



Convenient access to more search engines: You can now add search engines to the address bar “Search with” tool from the page action menu when on a webpage that provides an OpenSearch plugin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...