Thursday 19 October 2017

windows 7 - How To Use Local Internet Connection To Access Internet While Still Connected with VPN




Possible Duplicate:
How can I make the Windows VPN route selective traffic (by destination network)?



I need to connect to VPN for work purposes, but I want to be able to use my own internet connection for downloads and general web browsing. I'm using Windows 7, is this possible?



Answer



All connections to "unknown" IP's (anything on your subnet is "known") will go via whatever is setup as your gateway, which after connecting to a VPN is usually via the VPN.


So, you just need to adjust your VPN settings to not provide a gateway so that you return to using your LAN gateway.


However, this might break some or all of your VPN services.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...