Monday 23 October 2017

linux - How to shred already removed file on modern filesystem? (randomize free space, journal, tails, ... securely)

Consider the following:


mount | grep home
... type reiserfs ...

rm -Rf /home/user/over_9000_little_and_big_super_secret_files/

# oops, I should have shredded it instead.

How can I properly and securely "initialize free space" to ensure that no additional info can be restored restored by digging in free space? (Preferrably without stopping or disturbing the filesystem much.)


Is dd if=/dev/frandom of=/home/qqqqq really secure for this (tails, journal, etc.)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...