Thursday 26 October 2017

I need to gain access to an Outlook PST file that grew over 2gb


Possible Duplicate:
Outlook 2007: “The set of folders cannot be opened” PST has reached its maximum size



Edit: This is not a duplicate. The other question suggests using pst2gb.exe but as I mention below I cannot find that tool. Microsoft's own website no longer has it. I also can't use the 'compact' method as that requires one first to be able to import the pst file into outlook, which I can't do.


I have a user in my organisation who has an outlook PST file that grew over 2gb and therefore became un-open-able in Outlook. I did search google for this. There is a microsoft article that suggests using a tool called 'pst2gb.exe' and then links to a page that no longer exists.


Where can I find that tool? Or, preferably, is there a better way to do this known by the gurus at superuser.com that does not have the disadvantage of possibly losing data from the pst file?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...