Sunday 29 October 2017

motherboard - Where is the write-protect switch/screw/jumper on the Samsung Chromebox?

I have a Samsung Series 3 Chromebox, model number XE300M22-B01US, manufactured December 2012.


I would like to put coreboot on it so I can single-boot Linux without ChromeOS pulling the sad face at startup. I tried to flash it but coreboot reported that the BIOS is write protected.


According to this page the jumper/screw is "between the Battery and Ram" except the Chromebox doesn't have a battery and I can't see anything around the RAM area.


Does anyone know where the write-protect screw/jumper/switch is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...