Wednesday 25 October 2017

Windows 7 - Assigning hotkeys to applications


I'm on windows 7 and was hoping to find an application that would make it easy to assign hotkeys to applications, for example I might assign ALT+C as the command to bring my Chrome window to the front (or open a new instance if I don't have Chrome open).


I was wondering if anyone can recommend an application that does this?



Answer



Windows can do this without any addons!


Simply right click on a shortcut to an application, then go to the Shortcut key field, and type what you want to launch.


Unfortunately, you can only set hotkeys with two or all three modifier keys (Ctrl,Alt or Shift).


enter image description here


If you only want one, you can use AutoHotKey to set a script to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...