Sunday 29 October 2017

windows - How to find exe listening on port?


I try with netstat -ab -p tcp -n and among the results get:


  TCP    0.0.0.0:47001          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
Can not obtain ownership information

I am running as administrator and get that message. I also downloaded a utility to show network activity for exe's but nothing open is listening on port 47001 according to the utility.


How can I find out what is listening?



Answer



Try netstat -o to get the process id (PID) and then use tasklist |findstr to see the process name and type. Task Manager also shows PID and process name.


You can combine your other switches with -o like so: netstat -bona -p tcp


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...