Friday 27 October 2017

Automatically switch to Desktop after log-in in Windows 8.1


Is it possible to automatically log you into classic Windows desktop in Windows 8.1?


Either with Windows settings or by using 3rd party software..


This is pretty important for me since I don't know if I should buy this OS.


Thanks in advance



Answer



Go to the Desktop, then right-click in the taskbar, and select “Properties”, then click on the navigation tab to open up a menu. Check the box in the Start Screen list that says “Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in”. Then click the “OK” button.


enter image description here


Next time you start up you’ll go to the desktop first.


From http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mis_laboratory/archive/2013/08/09/windows-8-1-boot-to-desktop-maybe-the-designers-were-right.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...