Monday 23 October 2017

macos - Old (Leopard) Expose on Snow Leopard (for mac)


I'm amazed this question hasn't been asked here. There are many discussions about it out there and even a way to remove the blue glow. Of course I've already filed my complaint with apple...


Is there a way to have the old expose on Snow Leopard? Or maybe a mix of both.


The only thing I like on the new one is viewing minimized windows, but not always.


I'd prefer just being able to tweak it a little bit, but having the old expose would be fine as well.


Bad Expose


bad expose



Answer



Solution


Download OriginalExpose and run Install Script.app. That's it.


Background


Ok, summing up, I did my own version of the very good result (the DockHack) out of a macrumors topic, by psid, and I want to share with you guys directly here, as this is a very proper and simple solution.


The only problem is we still need to download the files, which are extracted from a Dock.app remainescent from Snow Leopard beta, that still used the Original Expose from Leopard (and before).


Since there's a file to download anyway, I've added a Install Script to it, which will apply something similar to the following commands below (except it won't move itself anywhere). You can optionally replace "SL-bak" to anything you want to backup your "Snow Leopard" dock to:


mv ~/Download/OriginalExpose ~/
sudo cp -R /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app.SL-bak
sudo cp ~/OriginalExpose/Contents/MacOS/* /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/
sudo cp ~/OriginalExpose/Contents/Resources/* /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/
killall Dock

update: Looks like Lion will have a better expose and I hope this whole post becomes useless after it. But, meanwhile, this still works perfectly fine even with 10.6.8! :)


Good Expose


I can't imagine how this would look on the bad one:


good expose


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...