Wednesday 25 October 2017

windows - Rolling desktop recorder?



I want a piece of Windows software that will constantly record what I'm doing on my desktop, discarding footage that's over [30] seconds old. Its recording would be a rolling one.


The idea is that I can somehow hit a button and see "what just happened".


I don't want to have to babysit it. That is, I don't want a piece of software designed for screencasting (which I'm not trying to do). My bias against that is based on my (maybe incorrect?) assumption that I'd regularly have to start/stop the recording throughout the day.


The idea is that this piece of software would consume fewer resources (than a screencast recorder) on my box, as it's only keeping a very limited amount of footage in memory (and low quality would even be acceptable), because it's discarding frames fairly quickly after they're captured.


Where can I find a piece of software with features like this?



Answer




The batch script:


echo off
:loop
ffmpeg -loglevel info -t 300 -f dshow -video_device_number 0 -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -vcodec libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -s hd720 -preset ultrafast -vsync vfr -acodec libmp3lame -f mpegts - | ffmpeg -f mpegts -i - -c copy "current.mp4"
del old.mp4
mv current.mp4 old.mp4
goto loop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...