Friday 27 October 2017

How do I increase VirtualBox resolution past 800x600 in Linux?




Possible Duplicate:
Ubuntu on VirtualBox can only show resolution of 800x600 - how to change it?



No matter what I do I cannot get the resolution past 800x600. If I am using a Windows install in VirtualBox, I can get it to 1024x768.


What is limiting me from doing this in Linux?



Answer



Have you installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions on your guest yet? If so, then the size of the guest should reflect the size of your VirtualBox window, so if you maximise the latter, your guest should resize its display accordingly.


You may also need to activate VirtualBox's Auto-resize Guest Display option (Host-G is a hot key for that).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...