Tuesday 31 October 2017

linux - unexpected behaviour of Ctrl-a x and Ctrl-a X in screen?! regions, locking

According to the screen manual (version 4.0.2.)


C-a x
C-a C-x (lockscreen) Lock this terminal.
C-a X (remove) Kill the current region.

But what actually happens when I use it (Screen version 4.00.03 (FAU) 23-Oct-06):


C-a X   locks the terminal and asks me for the password. When I enter the correct passwword, I am back in screen but the region is killed (wtf)
C-a x does nothing apparently

Please note the differences between x (lowercase) and X (uppercase).


Why is there a mixup between the functionalities of C-a X and C-a x? How can I fix this?


I am on CentOS release 5 (Final).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...