Sunday 29 October 2017

file management - Is it possible to have nested libraries in Windows 7?


My goal is this: I have a library, say it's called Series. I store my series in two different places, one for watched episodes and one for unwatched episodes.


Obviously I can simply add the root folder of each location to a series library. What I would prefer to do is have a sub-library within Series for each series, for example:



Series \ Lost


Lost (Unwatched series)
Episode 3
Episode 4


Lost (Watched series)
Episode 1
Episode 2



Is there a way to achieve this, or something approximating this (without having a full library for each series)?


P.S. I've read the other topic, but I was wondering if there was a possible workaround for this specific need. More out of hope than anything else. ;)



Answer



The best I have achieved is by adding the serie's directories one by one and grouping them by folders.


enter image description here


Additional tips: to group them in one disk/directory (without library) you could use junctions (command prompt mklink /j ...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...