Wednesday 25 October 2017

macos - Is there a way to re-enable the Mac OS X dashboard?


Is there a way to re-enable the Mac OS X dashboard? I used to play tons of games that take tons of RAM, so I decided to turn off the dashboard, but now that I only play games that don't require a lot of ram RAM I would like to re-enable the dashboard.



Answer



If you did this via the command line you ran a command like this to disable the Dashboard:


defaults write com.apple.dashboard mcx-disabled -bool TRUE && killall Dock

So to reenable it just run the same command but substitute FALSE for TRUE like this:


defaults write com.apple.dashboard mcx-disabled -bool FALSE && killall Dock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...