Tuesday 31 October 2017

usb - Windows refuses to detect mouse/keyboard input


I was away for the weekend and when I came back this morning my PC booted up just fine but I couldn't input anything via mouse or keyboard in Windows. I've already tried rebooting, different usb ports and changing usb settings in the BIOS - but neither has helped. In my BIOS screen both mouse and keyboard work just fine.


I'm on Windows 7 64bit and I have a wireless Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse-Set with a usb dongle (both use the same dongle). My mainboard is an ASUS H81-T. My Setup has been the same for over three month and I've never had any problem nor did I install new software recently. I even updated my BIOS because there was a newer one out and I hoped it maybe will fix the issue but sadly it didn't.


What could be the reason for this behaviour? Has anyone faced similar problems?


EDIT: Just tried another usb keyboard but it also did not work.



Answer



I was able to remotely log in onto my machine using Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP). The Device Manager was showing two exclamation marks for two USB Root Hub. I deleted those two and rebooted. Windows then reinstalled the USB drivers and my mouse and keyboard are working again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...