Monday 16 October 2017

ssms - Floating or vertical results pane in SQL Server Management Studio

I have a multi monitor configuration and would like to be able to have my query editor on one monitor and the results pane on another.


Can this be achieved? Either by having the results pane vertically attached to the query editor instead of horizontally, or by having the results pane float completely separate from the query editor.


I am using SSMS 2008 R2 and can upgrade to 2012 if this is a new feature.


My current workaround is to have 2 SSMS instances open, both with the same .sql file open.


I make changes to one and save it, then switch to the other instance which prompts me to reload the script and I can then execute it with the results pane filling most of the monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...