Wednesday 18 October 2017

How to port an Access database to the Mac?


I am 100% Mac now, but have an important Microsoft Access database on an old PC. Every few months I have to break it out to get into the database. What are my cheapest options for liberating myself from my PC and getting full access to the database on my Mac? I'd love to make it web-accessible to myself and chosen others, but that's not necessary.



Answer



OpenOffice and LibreOffice are free, open source Microsoft Office clones. They are available on all platforms and OS's. Both have the ability to open and save Microsoft Office documents, as well as many other formats.


LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice, and I personally like it better than OpenOffice.


Both Open and LibreOffice can open the Microsoft Access file directly without any conversion necessary. Just copy the file somewhere accessible to your Mac and you are good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...