Wednesday 20 September 2017

windows - Use cygwin executable in git bash script

I have a .sh script that I double-click to have it executed by git for Windows.


Now I need (imagemagick) convert from cygwin (which I have installed) and I'm calling it with its absolute path - /c/cygwin64/bin/convert.exe - but I get:



fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected. This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.



Wrapping the actual convert call in a cygwin bash call, or even in a cmd.exe call, doesn't help. This is a bit strange because I sometimes use cygwin executables directly in .cmd scripts, and that always worked.


What can I do? A solution that keeps my program limited to one file would be preferred.


(I know I could probably just install Windows-native imagemagick. But then the next day I need another cygwin tool in a git-for-Win-Shellscript .. also, I'd like to understand what's happening here. And, yes, I will probably make git for Windows obsolete in my workplace, if possible)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...