Friday 1 September 2017

windows - How to make my display Grayscale?


I want to reduce the saturation of my laptop monitor to the point that it is almost grayscale. That's the goal.


Intel and Asus don't have an answer. Asus Splendid and the intel graphics control panel can increase the saturation, but not lower it.


I would prefer a software solution, although I DIY'ed a vga grayscale adapter for my desktop.


I have an Asus UL30A with an Intel GMA 4500MHD. I know that the latest ATI cards, windotosh's and high end nvidia cards all support control panel desaturation.


Why? black and white makes me 3 times more productive. https://youtu.be/NUMa0QkPzns?t=2m50s



Answer



I found a way using an accessibility software. It isn't perfect, but this program: http://users.telenet.be/littlegems/MySoft/DesktopZoom/Index.html can be set to zoom 1000/1000 and has greyscale modes of 4,8,16,32,64,128,256 colors. It works on xp and Vista. Only issue is that occasionally, the color peeks through before the program greyscales it. The invert mode is very much like the high contrast theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...