Sunday 3 September 2017

windows 7 - Is it ok to remove Internet Explorer from my computer?


Win7 Home Prem 32-bit


I use Firefox as my browser of choice but my computer came with Internet Explorer pre-installed.


Is it safe to remove Internet Explorer from my computer completely or will this cause any problems?



Answer



Windows 7 was built in such a way that uninstalling IE 8 should not affect most programs. (Note that Windows 7 was released with a version without IE in Europe)


However, there will be some legacy applications that may use IE in one way or another. And always there will be some sites that will work properly only in Internet Explorer.


So uninstalling it will have no benefits for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...