Tuesday 5 September 2017

Emacs installer for Windows 8


As of the 1st of April 2013 (and no, this is not an April Fool prank) the Emacs Windows FAQ states that


Emacs 23.3 is known to run on all versions of Windows from Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0 through to Vista.

Are there any approved Emacs installers (i.e. not self-build) tried and tested on Windows 8?



Answer



There are native Windows builds of FSF Emacs at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/ (e.g., emacs-24.3-bin-i386.zip). Just extract the ZIP file wherever you prefer, and create a shortcut to bin\runemacs.exe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...