Tuesday 5 February 2019

privacy - How can I permanently delete messages from gmail?



For privacy reasons, I want to permanently delete a lot of mail from gmail. I've downloaded it using IMAP. However, when I try to delete the mail, it keeps coming back. This happens even when I delete from the All Mail folder. I would rather not go in through the gmail interface, as I have 50,000+ email messages. Is there another way?



Answer



You'll have to open the web interface to change the settings anyway, so you may as well use the web interface to delete your messages. If the messages you want to delete have anything at all in common, just use Gmail's powerful search tool to find them, select all, and delete.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...