Monday 11 February 2019

macos - Fast Ways of Cd'ing on *nix?


I find myself constantly typing (using tab, of course) absurd paths like


cd path/to/the/thing\ that\ I\ need/python/proj/eraseme

Aside from doing an ln -s (or some other type of ln?), is there any other way to get around faster? Also, if the solution is to use ln, is there some standard way/place to put the links so a not to clutter my ~ directory?


I'm not asking for shortcuts only: any solution that helps with the problem of "how to get around" would help.



Answer



In bash, the $CDPATH environment variable contains a list of paths to be searched for directories when using cd.


CDPATH=".:~/long path to my projects"
cd eraseme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...