Wednesday 6 February 2019

proxy - SSL support with Apache and Proxytunnel

I'm inside a strict corporate environment. https traffic goes out via an internal proxy (for this example it's 10.10.04.33:8443) that's smart enough to block ssh'ing directly to ssh.glakspod.org:443.


I can get out via proxytunnel. I set up an apache2 VirtualHost at ssh.glakspod.org:443 thus:


ServerAdmin ssh@orly.glakspod.org ServerName ssh.glakspod.org


    


ProxyRequests on
ProxyVia on
AllowCONNECT 22

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 74.101


So far so good: I hit the Apache proxy with a CONNECT and then PuTTY and my ssh server shake hands and I'm off to the races.


There are, however, two problems with this setup:




  1. The internal proxy server can sniff my CONNECT request and also see that an SSH handshake is taking place. I want the entire connection between my desktop and ssh.glakspod.org:443 to look like HTTPS traffic no matter how closely the internal proxy inspects it.




  2. I can't get the VirtualHost to be a regular https site while proxying. I'd like the proxy to coexist with something like this: SSLEngine on SSLProxyEngine on SSLCertificateFile /path/to/ca/samapache.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/ca/samapache.key SSLCACertificateFile /path/to/ca/ca.crt


    DocumentRoot /mnt/wallabee/www/html

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all




    SSLVerifyClient require
    SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth +ExportCertData
    SSLVerifyDepth 1



So my question is: How to I enable SSL support on the ssh.glakspod.org:443 VirtualHost that will work with ProxyTunnel?


I've tried various combinations of proxytunnel's -e, -E, and -X flags without any luck.


The only lead I've found is Apache Bug No. 29744, but I haven't been able to find a patch that will install cleanly on Ubuntu Jaunty's Apache version 2.2.11-2ubuntu2.6.


Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...