Monday 11 February 2019

macos - Disable Discord dock badge


I'm using the Discord app for Mac. The app icon in the dock has a red badge on it at all times.


Badge on Discord dock icon


The badge looks like the ones that indicate new messages on apps like Mail, Messages, etc, only instead of a number, it displays just a dot.


There are no new/unread messages or notifications for me in Discord, as far as I can tell. When I receive new messages, the badge doesn't change. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with voice recording or push-to-talk either.


I've searched the app settings, but the only notification-related item I could find was toggling the desktop notifications on/off.


What is the meaning of this badge, and how can I turn it off?



Answer



Discord also doesn't show up for me in System Preferences -> Notifications, however there are two places where Discord notification settings are, both accessible from the app.


From the top ribbon, click Discord > Preferences and there's a Notifications menu. From there you can disable Desktop notifications.


Additionally, if you right click each channel you're in you can see the per-channel notification settings.


Finally, in order to actually clear the badge after I turned notifications off, I right clicked each channel and clicked "Mark as read".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...