Saturday 9 February 2019

thinkpad - Virtual PC on Windows 7 - Hardware-assisted virtualization is disabled


I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 with an Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 processor. When I run Virtual PC in Windows 7, I get the following error:



Unable to start Windows Virtual PC because hardware-assisted virtualization is disabled.



When running the Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool from Microsoft says:



Hardware-assited virtualization is not enabled on this computer.



Now, in the BIOS, I do have virtualization enabled and according to Intel this processor supports Intel-VT. What am I missing here?



Answer



Enabling Intel-VT requires a cold restart. Try going back into the BIOS, turn it off, and turn off the computer (don't just reboot). Then start up, go in the BIOS and enable it, then once again turn the PC off. Make sure you save your changes in the BIOS.


Boot up and start VPC, check the options and ensure it is enabled:


alt text


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...