Tuesday 5 February 2019

gnome - Disable Linux Mint system start sound?


How do I disable the system start sound in Linux Mint. I am talking about when you are presented with the login screen. There is a sound that accompanies the login screen. I tried to access a program called Sound after logging in, but it says that it cannot be found.



Answer



the requested instructions to disable the sound


in short To disable the login sound :


Go to Menu > Applications > Preferences > Startup Applications.
Under the "Startup Programs" tab, untick "GNOME Login Sound"
Click Close

Gnome3 try


Run gnome-session-properties there is an option called GNOME Login Sound


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...