Wednesday 6 February 2019

How to copy text in the Windows command line 'cmd'?


Is there any way to copy text that's shown in the Command Prompt window C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe to the clipboard?



Answer




Right click on the title bar and go to edit menu
All the options you need are there (copy, paste, select)



or To change the option to allow quick editing



Right click on the title bar and go to properties > quickedit mode enable.
Now you don't need to go through the edit menu to select or copy or paste.



Enter short cut to copy
Right click short cut to paste
Left click drag to select text.




Every thing is put into a the system clip board so crtl + v will work in to other applications like notepad.


QuickEditMode


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...