Sunday 10 February 2019

filename too long error windows 7 64bit

OK, I need some super help please on 2 things:




  1. Trying to rename a folder on my desktop from "New Folder" to VBA I am getting an error stating the the folder or destination name would be to long etc.




  2. Which I feel may be related, I am trying to install Command and Conquer Red Alert 1 from origin's ultimate 17 year collection and getting an error say westwoodchat.msi was not installed correctly setup cannot continue (1603). I have tried installing the package separately but get the same error when trying to install as above I have been round in circles with both ea and Microsoft getting very very frustrated please if you know the solution to these problems please let me know I will thank you and inform you if the steps provided have already been test I am going to attach my dx diag so you get all the info you need on my system.




------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/30/2014, 13:21:16
Machine name: D1-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
System Model: N61PB-M2S
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1846MB used, 6340MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...