Wednesday 6 February 2019

Disable history in Chromium?


Is there really no way at all to make Chromium clear browsing history on exit? The closest way I know is to use incognito mode, which is fine except for the inconvenience of opening the browser, opening an incognito tab, then closing the original tab. Furthermore, when I click on a link in a different program, it will open in a regular tab, not an incognito tab, if the browser is not running.



Answer



I see 3 ways:



  1. The simple way is to use the Incognito mode automatically. Add --incognito flag at the end of the Chromium shortcut and restart the browser. This way works on Chromium and Google Chrome.


Incognito mode in Chromium browser


Now, you browse in Incognito mode all the time.




  1. Use a browser extension like Click&Clean and close Chromium with it.




  2. Clean history manually with clearBrowserData. Just type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar (omnibox) before to close Chromium.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...