Thursday 7 February 2019

windows 8 - Desktop folder not showing all the shortcuts I have on my desktop


I just noticed when I let the program install their shortcuts - these shortcuts don't display in users//desktop folder.


When I create them myself, by right clicking on the program executable -> create shortcuts, it displays in a "desktop" folder. So the question is - why can't I see all of my desktop shortcuts in a users//desktop folder?


Where does Windows store them?



Answer



Depending on the version of windows, they might be stored in the all users/public folder. For example windows 8, stores them in C:\Users\Public\Desktop, by default desktop folder is hidden, so you might have to change the visibility first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...