Monday 3 December 2018

windows 7 - Creating 2nd recovery disk set HP Pavilion dv6-1315tx


I have just recently got a HP Pavilion dv6-1315tx computer second hand. It comes with Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed. The first thing I wanted to do was to create a recovery disk,but it seems as if the previous owner has already created a set. I am from Sri Lanka so I cannot order a Recovery Kit from HP. Their support page is confusing.


After doing a lot of research, I deleted files such as hpdrcu.dat from the recovery partition as well as another location. I also searched for Rebecca.dat but to no avail on my whole system, but still it gives the same error.


I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me a method to create a new set of disks.



Answer



After many months of searching I finally found away. I give credit to https://sites.google.com/site/mybyways/info/hp-cyberlink .


My simplified method is first to show hidden files and folders, then find the following files:



  1. C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery\hpdrcu.prc

  2. C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery\hpdrcu.sys

  3. D:\hpdrcu.prc


Add .bak to the ends of each of these files eg: hpdrcu.prc.bak


I do not know whether this will work on all computers, but it certainly works on mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...